No wonder Blackjack is the most popular card game in the casino. Out of all betting games, Blackjack gives you the best odds to win. A gambler can develop superior skills in this card game. The more hands you play, the more gaming experience you gain, your sense of the game and its pace will improve. Professional players consistently demonstrated their ability to beat the casinos. Several blackjack players even became millionaires.
Why Play Blackjack?
Blackjack is an easy casino game to gamble with only a few straightforward rules. It is a skill game where players can acquire a high degree of betting knowledge and expertise while playing. Advanced level players can reduce the house edge to less than 1%. Actually, it’s possible to make a living by playing Blackjack. Players can practice their skills and strategies playing at online casinos with low stakes.
The Best Casinos to Play
How is Blackjack played at the casinos?
The game’s objective is to have a hand value closer to 21 than that of the dealer’s without going over 21 (busting).
The game is played with one to eight standard 52 card decks shuffled together either by hand or a shuffling machine. We must mention that very few casinos use one deck because the house edge is minimal, and card counting is easier than when more decks are used. The cards are usually dealt from a dealer’s shoe but rarely from one or two handheld decks. Each player receives two cards (first hand), and the dealer one card face up and in hole card games another, face down.
Play rule for the dealer:
- The dealer must hit when the total is 16 or less.
- Total: 17 or higher – Dealer must Stand
Options for Player:
- Hit: When a player hits, he receives another card from the dealer. The player must consider the value of the cards in his hand. If he has 11 or less, he can’t bust. Therefore always hit on a hand of 11 or less. If the player’s hand is 12 or above, the player runs the busting risk if dealt with a 10 value card.
- Stand: Not requesting another card. If the player’s hand is 18 or higher, the best option is to stand.
- Split: When you have two cards with the same value, you can split them into two hands. At the same time, another bet with the same amount is placed on the second hand. Each hand will be dealt with a second card, and the game progresses the usual way.
- Double Down: You have the option to double your bet after you received your first two cards. In this case, you will receive only one more card. Therefore, if you win, it will be four times your original bet.
- Insurance: You can take Insurance if the Dealer’s first card is an Ace. Insurance costs half your original bet, and you bet against the possibility of the Dealer getting Blackjack.
- Surrender: Fold your hand at the cost of half of the original bet. Use it in bad circumstances where losing half of your bet is still a better option than taking your chances to lose it all.
A blackjack player needs to have some essential qualities to win:
- Knowledge of the rules
- Ability to keep records
- Mental readiness
- A gaming plan
Blackjack How to Win
In online gambling, blackjack has the best odds. However, you have to understand the nature of the game and play correctly to maximize your chances of winning. There are some widely accepted standard guidelines by experienced players and should be adhered to when possible. If you follow your strategy, the house edge will diminish entirely. Successful gaming depends on a player’s decision-making ability and patience for the right opportunity to develop.
Regardless of what the dealer’s upcard is, always split Aces and 8’s.
Increase the amount of your bet when winning. Bet aggressively when using the house’s money.
Players hold a 52% advantage over the house if you are dealt an Ace as your first card.
Multiply your standard bet by 40 to determine an appropriate bankroll.
Your expected loss will be 10 times worse if imitating the dealer, that is, hitting all 16’s, standing on 17’s, and never splitting or doubling, than if playing from the strategy chart.
Presuming that the game always hit a hard total of 7 or less, always stand on a hard total of 17 or better. Always stand on a soft total of 19 or more. Use the tables on the next page as guidelines to use during play.
Do I have a better chance of winning in blackjack than slots?
Blackjack is a game of skill. Therefore, if you’re an experienced and disciplined player, you have a good chance to beat the casino in this game.